Thursday, July 7, 2011

Just a spider

I am just a spider.
I came from the desert.
I live in the forests.
In the garden and under the ground.
I do not prey on people, but I live near them.
I watch what they do.

I am just a spider.
Easy enough for you Humans to kill.
Easy enough.
You could squash me.
You could capture me.
And you have before.
And will again.

I am just a spider.
I see my ancestors pinned on their backs {stuffed and mounted}.
I see my living brothers in cages {fed by white coats}{milked of their venom}
I see the concrete and the bullets
the badges and awards
the cowards who claim to be heroes
the folly presented as fact.

I am a tyrantler
I am poisonous
If you touch me I may bite you.
If you put me in a cage...I will be your demise.
If you kill me there will be more of me later.
Leave Me Alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment